NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home Shooting Class
This two day course develops the knowledge, skills and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home.
All AVGC firearms training classes and matches are open to the public.
The gate will be unlocked and open when you arrive and will be locked shortly after the event or class starts.
Please arrive on time or early.
This is a two day class. You must attend both days.
This class is taught by NRA Certified Instructors and an attorney licensed to practice in the state of California.
You will learn:
- The essential knowledge and skills that must be mastered in order to carry, store and use a firearm safety and effectively for personal protection outside the home.
- Advanced shooting skills
Students will receive the Basics of Personal Protection Outside the Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules card, and NRA Qualification Booklet.
- 250 Rounds of factory new ammunition (No re-loads or steel core)
- 3 magazines or speed-loaders
- Strong side outside the waistband (OWB) holster with retention. Your holster must fit your gun and completely cover the trigger guard.
- Eye & Ear protection (Electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- Magazine pouch or ability to carry extra magazines on your body
- Cover garment (jacket, vest, shirt, etc)
- Momentary flashlight that can be operated with one hand
- Pencil, pen, highlighter and note pad
- Maglula or Uplula speed loader
- Closed toed shoes are required
- No scoop neck or V-neck shirts are allowed
- Bring a baseball style hat
Bring a sack lunch. There is not time to leave during lunch. We have bottled water available. Sodas and snacks are available for 1.00 each. We have a microwave oven available in the classroom.
Prerequisite for this Course
- Completion of The NRA Inside the Home Personal Protection Course.
- OR, Successfully complete a Pre-Course evaluation prior to the class with the instructor.
NO FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION ARE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM. THIS INCLUDES CCW and LEO. NO EXCEPTIONS! Leave your firearm and ammunition secured in your locked vehicle until an instructor directs you to retrieve it.
California law requires you to transport your firearm UNLOADED in a locked case.
Classes, training and/or certification are for individuals who are not disqualified from possessing a firearm as defined by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who have been convicted of a crime of violence are disqualified. Student must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident with a Green Card in compliance with U.S. Federal ITAR Regulations.
Online registration only. No walk-ins will be allowed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com