NRA CCW Course
This class teaches the skills, knowledge and attitude necessary to carry a concealed firearm for personal defense. Includes classroom Instruction & live fire drills.
Students will receive reference books, and at successful completion of the class will receive a course completion certificate.
This is a two day class. You must attend both days.
All AVGC firearms training classes and matches are open to the public.
The gate will be unlocked and open when you arrive and will be locked shortly after the event or class starts.
Please arrive on time or early.
Course Topics Include
- Firearm Safety
- Pistol Nomenclature
- Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense
- Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
- Drawing from Concealment
- Mind Set
- Loading and Stoppage Remediation
- Carry Modes
- Pistol Concealment
- Firearm Cleaning
- Live Fire Training Drills
What to Bring
- Minimum 300 Round Count of Factory New Ammunition *No Reloads or Steel Core*.
- Your Handgun & manual
- 2-3 extra magazines or speed loaders
- Eye & Ear Protection (We recommend electronic hearing protection)
- Gun Belt
- Strong side outside the waistband (OWB) holster with retention. Your holster must fit your gun and completely cover the trigger guard.
- Mag pouches
- A cover garment (shirt/vest/jacket that conceals your firearm)
- Highlighter, Pen, Pencil and paper for note taking
- Closed toed shoes are required
- No scoop neck or V-neck shirts are allowed
- Bring a baseball style hat
Bring a sack lunch. There is not time to leave during lunch. We have bottled water available. Sodas and snacks are available for 1.00 each. We have a microwave oven available in the classroom.
NO FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION ARE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM. THIS INCLUDES CCW and LEO. NO EXCEPTIONS! Leave your firearm and ammunition secured in your locked vehicle until an instructor directs you to retrieve it.
California law requires you to transport your firearm UNLOADED in a locked case.
Classes, training and/or certification are for individuals who are not disqualified from possessing a firearm as defined by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who have been convicted of a crime of violence are disqualified. Student must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident with a Green Card in compliance with U.S. Federal ITAR Regulations.
Online registration only. No walk-ins will be allowed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com