Firearms Training Courses Offered by Apple Valley Gun Club
All AVGC firearms training classes and matches are open to the public.
Due to the passage of California AB 2571, attendees must be age 18 or older.
The gate will be unlocked and open when you arrive and will be locked shortly after the event or class starts.
Please arrive on time or early.
The Apple Valley Gun Club’s mission is to encourage and teach organized shooting among members and the community with a view toward increasing knowledge of the safe handling, use and care of firearms.
The Apple Valley Gun Club offers several firearms training courses, taught by NRA Certified Instructors, to help facilitate our mission. All courses are open to the public.
Current Firearms Training Courses Include
- Concealed Carry Preparation Class (CCW Prep)
- NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
- NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course
- NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course
- NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course
- NRA Basics Of Personal Protection Outside The Home
- NRA Defensive Pistol Shooting Class
- Defensive Shotgun Class
- NRA Range Safety Officer (RSO) Class
- NRA CCW Course
- NRA Home Firearms Safety
- NRA Refuse to be a Victim
- AVGC Handgun Cleaning Clinics
Other AVGC Courses and Programs
In addition to our firearms training classes, we also offer various programs that further our commitment to safe and responsible firearm and other weapons ownership. Our programs are also open to the public.
- Women’s programs
- Co-Ed programs
- Adaptive programs
- Santa Fe Muzzleloaders
- Monthly club shooting matches
- Archery clinics
Every class, program, match or member activity at AVGC is based on the NRA’s four rules of gun safety.
Safe Gun Handling Rules
1. ALWAYS keep your gun pointed in a safe direction
2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
3. ALWAYS keep your gun unloaded until ready to use
4. ALWAYS know your target and what is beyond