NRA Firearms Safety at Home Course
Are you a new firearm owner? Do you have firearms in your home but you’re not familiar with them? Would you like to be comfortable SAFELY handling your firearms? This is your class!
All AVGC firearms training classes and matches are open to the public.
The gate will be unlocked and open when you arrive and will be locked shortly after the event or class starts.
Please arrive on time or early.
You will learn:
- How to safely load and unload Semi-automatic Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles & Shotguns.
- The different parts of Semi-automatic Pistols, Revolvers, Rifles and Shotguns.
- About different types of Ammunition and it’s components
- How to care for and clean firearms
- How to safely store firearms in the home
- The Primary causes of firearm accidents
- The rules for safe gun handling
You will receive:
- The NRA Home Firearm Safety Textbook & other hand-outs
- A Certificate of Completion
This is a non-shooting class. We will be providing all the firearms for the class.
Bring paper & pen for note-taking.
NO FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION ARE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM. THIS INCLUDES CCW and LEO. NO EXCEPTIONS! Leave your firearm and ammunition secured in your locked vehicle until an instructor directs you to retrieve it.
California law requires you to transport your firearm UNLOADED in a locked case.
Classes, training and/or certification are for individuals who are not disqualified from possessing a firearm as defined by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who have been convicted of a crime of violence are disqualified. Student must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident with a Green Card in compliance with U.S. Federal ITAR Regulations.
Online registration only. No walk-ins will be allowed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com