AVGC Handgun Cleaning Clinic
This class includes all the gun cleaning supplies, safety supplies and will be an instructor directed, hands on experience for your firearm!
All AVGC firearms training classes and matches are open to the public.
The gate will be unlocked and open when you arrive and will be locked shortly after the event or class starts.
Please arrive on time or early.
What You Will Learn
- Why cleaning is critical to the firearm’s operation, longevity, and dependability
- Preparation for cleaning and exactly what’s needed
- How to break down your specific firearm (field strip)
- What to clean and why it is so important to clean it
- How and what to inspect on your firearm during cleaning
- What to oil and why it is so important to oil it
- How to put it all back together
- How to check function following cleaning
What You Need to Bring
- One handgun per student and the owner’s manual
Leave your handgun locked in your vehicle. The first part of our clinic will be in the classroom. We will transfer to the Indoor Range for the actual cleaning clinic. Bring one Handgun per student, (locked in a case), your Owner’s Manual with the section /page marked, addressing takedown or field striping and recommended cleaning.
Clear safety glasses are required and if you don’t have any, a pair will be provided for your use. Your class fee covers a basic cleaning kit/supplies each student will take home.
Dress comfortably and remember, you are cleaning a gun and while unlikely, it is possible to wear a little bit of the process home.
NO FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION ARE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM. THIS INCLUDES CCW and LEO. NO EXCEPTIONS! Leave your firearm and ammunition secured in your locked vehicle until an instructor directs you to retrieve it.
California law requires you to transport your firearm UNLOADED in a locked case.
Classes, training and/or certification are for individuals who are not disqualified from possessing a firearm as defined by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who have been convicted of a crime of violence are disqualified. Student must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident with a Green Card in compliance with U.S. Federal ITAR Regulations.
Online registration only. No walk-ins will be allowed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com