Notice Regarding Junior Programs
In response to Assembly Bill 2571 that took effect on July 1, 2022, the Apple Valley Gun Club is no longer offering Junior Programs.
For additional information, please refer to article below written by the California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA)
Newsom Attacks Youth Shooting Program and Next Generation
Source: California Rifle and Pistol Association
Original article posted at CRPA.org July 5, 2022
$25,000 Fines Possible
ASSEMBLY BILL 2571 SIGNED INTO LAW
TOOK EFFECT IMMEDIATELY- July 1, 2022.
This Bill prohibits all advertising & marketing communication that is attractive to minors (under 18 years of age). If you or your entity:
• Use caricatures or cartoons in communications for products or services;
• Offers brand name merchandise for minors, including, but not limited to, hats, t-shirts, or other clothing, or toys, games, or stuffed animals, that promotes a firearm industry member or firearm-related product;
• Offers firearm-related products in sizes, colors, or designs that are specifically designed to be used by, or appeal to, minors;
• Is part of a marketing or advertising campaign designed with the intent to appeal to minors;
• Uses images or depictions of minors in advertising and marketing materials to depict the use of firearm-related products;
Is placed in a publication created for the purpose of reaching an audience that is predominately composed of minors and not intended for a more general audience composed of adults.
Please note that the definition of who is a part of the “firearm industry” in the language of this law is extraordinarily broad and affects most ranges, retailers, youth shooting programs, and associations:
“Firearm industry member” means any of the following:
(A) A person, firm, corporation, company, partnership, society, joint stock company, or any other entity or association engaged in the manufacture, distribution, importation, marketing, wholesale, or retail sale of firearm-related products.
(i) Advertises firearm-related products.
(ii) Advertises events where firearm-related products are sold or used.
(iii) Endorses specific firearm-related products.
(iv) Sponsors or otherwise promotes events at which firearm-related products are sold or used.Our CRPA legal team is analyzing this new law that was expedited through “emergency” procedures and signed by the Governor to immediately take effect. CRPA is taking swift action on this vindictive law that could wipe out youth shooting sports and the next generation of Second Amendment advocates.This may impact Associations, Camps, Clubs, FFLs, Hunter Education, Instructors, Firearms Trainers, Youth Organizations and those who work in association with any youth shooting program including firearms safety. We will have more as this assault on your rights develops.