3rd Friday of each month 5PM – 9PM. You will choose a one-hour time slot at registration
4th Sunday of each month 3PM – 7PM. You will choose a one-hour time slot at registration
We may schedule additional dates. Please check Eventbrite for added dates
Click on the following link to register. Scroll through and look for SB Sheriff’s CCW Re-qualification and Initial Qualification for the dates & time you want to register.
You MUST pre-register on Eventbrite. Click red link above. Walk-ins are NOT allowed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Your CCW only if you are renewing. This is not needed for Initial Qualifications.
- Up to 3 guns that you are putting on your permit
- A minimum of 30 rounds of ammunition for each gun (must be factory new, no re-loads or steel core)
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Face coverings are required as mandated by the State of CA
Transport and arrive with your firearms in a LOCKED CASE (soft or hard sided). DO NOT uncase your firearm(s) until instructed to do so. This includes your carry gun. Do not come on AVGC property with a loaded gun.
If you have questions or concerns, PLEASE EMAIL them to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 24 hours. PLEASE DO NOT CALL.
You will be signing the following when you arrive:
CCW Range Safety Rules
- DO NOT BRING A LOADED FIREARM ONTO OUR RANGE! THIS INCLUDES YOUR CARRY GUN!
- ALWAYS keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. (Down range)
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to shoot. (Master Grip)
- ALWAYS keep your gun unloaded until you’re ready to shoot.
- No guests/spectators are allowed.
- Hearing and eye protection are mandatory!
Anyone can call for a cease fire if they see anything unsafe. If you have a malfunction, keep your muzzle pointed at your target and work through your issue, then continue firing. Do Not raise your hand and ask an instructor to fix your firearm. You need to know how to clear any malfunctions you might encounter. There is wildlife on our range. If you see anything on the range or beyond the targets, let an instructor know immediately.
Instructors have 1st Aid/Trauma kits and there is an AED located in the pistol shack. In the event someone suffers a gunshot wound or other major injury, the Training Cadre will make the necessary calls and handle the situation. Clear your firearm and step back off the range.
When you are on the firing line there will be no talking to other shooters. If you have a question, raise your hand and an instructor will respond. Once you’re on the firing line, you will NEVER step off the firing line until instructed to do so, and you will NEVER bend over on the firing line until instructed to do so.
If an Instructor sees anything unsafe, we will correct you. If you continue to display unsafe behavior you will be removed from the firing line and escorted off the property.
OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY IS THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE ON THE RANGE!