Classes Offered by Apple Valley Gun Club
The Apple Valley Gun Club’s mission is to encourage and teach organized shooting among members and the community with a view toward increasing knowledge of the safe handling, use and care of firearms.
The Apple Valley Gun Club offers several courses, taught by NRA Certified Instructors, to help facilitate our mission.
Current courses include:
- Concealed Carry Preparation Class (CCW Prep)
- NRA Home Firearm Safety Training Course
- NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course
- NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course
- NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course
- NRA Basics Of Personal Protection Outside The Home
- NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
Other AVGC Courses and Programs
In addition to our class curriculum, we also offer various programs that further our commitment to safe and responsible firearm and other weapons ownership.
- Junior programs (Rifle, Pistol and Trap)
- Women’s programs
- Co-Ed Programs
- Adaptive programs
- Santa Fe Muzzleloaders
- Monthly club shooting matches
- Archery Clinics
Every class, program, match or member activity at AVGC is based on the NRA’s four rules of gun safety.
Safe Gun Handling Rules
1. ALWAYS keep your gun pointed in a safe direction
2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
3. ALWAYS keep your gun unloaded until ready to use
4. ALWAYS know your target and what is beyond