APPLE VALLEY GUN CLUB
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MINUTES
February 12, 2020
Called to Order 6:02 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Members Present: Diana Roederer, Ed Swan, Jonathan Weldy, Tim Neubauer, Dina McKinney. Jennifer Tornero, Ray Jameson
Members Not Present: Ken Crawford (excused absence)
Minutes: review January 2020 BOD minutes. Motion to accept the minutes as written by Dina. Seconded by Diana. All BOD in favor. Motion passes to accept the minutes as written.
Treasurer – Jonathan Weldy
- Report on account balances to include Business Checking, Capital Account, Money Market, and Scholarship. Jonathan reviewed all accounts with the BOD, as well as the 2019 Annual Financial Report. Jonathan explained what goes to the state and what stays internal. No other questions presented from the BOD.
Secretary – Dina McKinney
- Membership numbers- Total 1,334 (690 Regular, 496 Senior, 146 Associates, 3 Honorary Life)
Vice President – Diana Roederer
- There was a safety hearing held that all BOD is aware of, no further details required to be given at this time.
President – Ed Swan
- This is his last BOD meeting; a new BOD will be installed next month. Ed gives his thanks to the BOD that he has served with.
- Tim N.: Carried over from January meeting and Safety Committee-First Aid/CPR training for frequent volunteers. Tim briefed the BOD on Learn CPR 4 Life. Dina gave a background on why this is being brought back to the BOD. Gary Menser addressed the BOD and explained further. Policy discussion held. Motion from Jonathan to add a policy stating the club will reimburse for the First Aid/CPR training for those members that volunteer their services to the club on a regular basis. The member is to complete a reimbursement form and have either the President, Vice President, or CRSO sign off on the reimbursement form. This is the pre-authorization needed for the club to reimburse for the class. Once the class is completed, the member is to turn in the reimbursement form, with the receipt for the class, to the treasurer. The only company the club is using for this is CPR 4 Life. Dina seconded the motion. Dina to write the policy for inclusion in the next semi-annual revision. Ed called for the vote. All BOD in favor. None opposed. Motion passes.
- Range Safety Class- The curriculum is done. It is a 3 hour class. It is on the calendar about every 3 months; one class in the morning, and one in the afternoon, on two separate days. The class was originally designed for people that have gone through a disciplinary hearing. Diana would like to offer this to any member that wants to take it, free of charge, and give them volunteer hours for attending. Jonathan is in favor of offering it to the membership as there is great value in any safety training. All BOD agreed. Jonathan made the motion to open the class up to the entire membership and give 3 hours of volunteer credit for attending. Tim seconded. All BOD in favor. Motion passes.
- Jan 21, 2020 Electronic Vote held for funds NTE $600 for tractor rental for K-rail placement. Only 4 BOD voted to approve this. Jonathan abstained. Brought back to the BOD. Tim Smith addressed BOD and gave further explanation of the potential project. He is still waiting to hear about it. Tabled until we know for sure it’s coming.
- Event Requests – Tim Neubauer: none
- Tim N.-SASP jerseys/shirt sponsors: Request for approval to have jerseys made with SASP logo and sponsors names on the jerseys. Currently he is not asking for money. Motion by Tim to put sponsor names on SASP jerseys. Jonathan seconded. All BOD in favor. Motion passes.
- Tim N.-SASP application for Midway Endowment Fund: Tim explained this would require us to supply our tax information. Tim made the motion to allow SASP to apply for the Midway Endowment Fund. Diana seconded. All BOD in favor. Motion passes.
- Tim N.-Training Trap Classroom purchase $400: Tim would like a lateral filing cabinet for storage of training materials. Tim made a motion for $400 to purchase a lateral filing cabinet. Discussion held. Jonathan suggested an amendment to the motion to add 2 lateral filing cabinets for the adobe since it is currently being worked on to become a functional classroom. Kyle offered an empty filing cabinet from the indoor range as well. Motion moved to GM meeting as the suggested amendment exceeds $1k.
- Jennifer T.-Request for funds NTE $500 for a booth at the Women’s Expo: Discussion held regarding additional expenses. Amended motion made by Jennifer for funds NTE $600 for a booth at the Women’s Expo. Diana seconded. All BOD in favor. Motion passes.
- Assign New Pistol Chair- Tracey says he has two people, Jeff Shell and Don McAfee that are interested in the position. Further discussion held. Neither are here tonight. Diana suggested the BOD push this item to the organizational meeting with the new BOD in March. Item tabled.
Motion to adjourn the meeting by Jonathan. Second by Diana. All BOD in favor.
Meeting Adjourned 6:42 p.m.
Dina McKinney, Secretary
Apple Valley Gun Club
APPLE VALLEY GUN CLUB
General Membership Minutes
February 12, 2020
Called to Order: 7:00 p.m.
Presentation of Colors and Pledge of Allegiance
Presentation of $500 to the Boy Scouts for their service for 2019.
Review January 2020 GM Minutes- Motion to accept the minutes as written by Dina. Jonathan seconded. All BOD in favor. Motion passes.
Quorum Confirmation – Dina confirmed
Recite NRA 3 Gun Safety Rules- all members recited.
Candidate Night Guest Speakers:
RULES OF THE ROAD:
-Apple Valley Gun Club is not endorsing any candidate
-Candidate night is informational and meant to grant access to local politicians
-Each Candidate will be given 15 minutes to speak to the membership
-Each Candidate will make themselves available in the lobby after the meeting for individual questions
- Kerrie Justice on behalf of Tim Donnelly for Congress
- Mayor Rick Herrick for State Assembly
- Dakota Higgins on behalf of Paul Cook for County Supervisor
- Thurston “Smitty” Smith for Assembly
- Representative from Jay Olbernolte’s office
- Loren Campbell, SBCo Gun Owners Association
All individuals addressed the membership
Treasurer- Jonathan Weldy
- Report on account balances to include Business Checking, Capital Account, Money Market Account, and Scholarship Account. Jonathan advised the membership that the Annual Financial report was submitted to the BOD and is available to the membership upon request.
Secretary- Dina McKinney
- Membership numbers total 1,332 (690 Regular, 496 Senior, 146 Associate, 3 Honorary Life)
- A new Email has been set up for submitting your pictures to the Apple Valley Gun Club. This will be helpful for the website, Newsletter, Banquet, and for any other promotional materials. firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President-Diana Roederer
- Thank you to outgoing President Ed Swan for your service and a very productive year!
- Range Safety Class- curriculum is finished. The BOD decided to allow any member who wants to take the class can do so, free of charge, and they will be given 3 hours of volunteer time. The classes are on the calendar, scheduled 3 months apart, one during the day and one in the evening.
President- Ed Swan
- Ed thanked the membership as the outgoing President
- Advised the membership of that there will be a new Pistol Chair since Tracey ran unopposed for the Vice Presidency.
Range Reports – Ed asked any if any of the range chairs had any pressing information for the membership, otherwise, due to time constraints, the range reports will be skipped.
- Pistol Range- Tracey Graham: Reminder that Friday’s Ladies Night is cancelled. Additionally, Women on Target is coming up on February 22. We will need coaches and RSOs. Sign up at the Information Table or contact him.
- Facilities – Tim Smith– Reminder that this Sunday is the work party. It’s up to you to keep the range in good shape. We do have an interview on Friday for a handyman. -monthly sign-In drawing: Jenny Cutright! Winner! -Thank you to Dennis and Don for helping with the wall inside the Adobe.
No Other Reports Given
OLD BUSINESS –
- Jennifer Tornero: Last call for Banquet Volunteers. The Banquet is Saturday. You don’t need a ticket to volunteer. Sign up at the information table or email Jennifer. Also, there are 2 tickets left on Eventbrite.
- Jennifer Tornero: Call for Volunteers for the Women’s Expo. Sign up at the information table.
- Dina McKinney: Last call for Gun Show volunteers. Feb 29/Mar 1. We need people for the Sunday slot.
- Diana Roederer: We could not find the prior approval for the new chairs in the Adobe so we are re-submitting a new proposal. Request for Funds NTE $1,600 for new chairs for the Adobe, which will include Scotch Guard and shipping. Gary made the motion. Tim seconded. No discussion. All in favor. None opposed. Motion passes.
- Dina McKinney-Membership vote on the Bylaws. Gary made the Motion to approve the January revisions to the Bylaws. Bill seconded. No discussion. All in favor. None opposed. Motion passes.
- Tim N.-Training Trap Classroom purchase (carried over from BOD Meeting)- Tim requested a motion to purchase 3 lateral filing cabinets, 1 for the trap classroom, and 2 for the soon-to-be Adobe classroom. Funds NTE $1,200. Jason made the motion. Rick Smith seconded. All in favor. None opposed. Motion passes.
- Tim Smith-Sewer line for pistol restrooms: He is working on bids to run the sewer line to the pistol range. There should be a vote at the next meeting! He is looking at a building with two restrooms, including a handicap restroom, and storage area for pistol range.
- Tim Smith-moving dirt and dressing the berms at the pistol range: This will keep them from deteriorating. Also, by moving the mound of dirt into the big hole this will expand the parking lot.
- Diana Roederer: Re-cap of safety for the previous month (good and bad): There were problems again with guns being uncase behind the shooting bench at the pistol range. Please remember when you go to the pistol range, bring a cased gun to the shooting bench, make sure muzzle pointed downrange before opening the case. At no time are guns to be uncased at the back table. Another problem she has seen is people laying guns on shooting benches with the action closed. Remember: mag out, action open, ejection port up. Exemplary safe gun handling skills award to Bruce Bloomster. Bruce gets a challenge coin. Thank you, Bruce, for staying safe on the range!
- Introduction of new members. Motion to accept the new members by Tina. Seconded by CJ. All in favor. None opposed. Motion passes. Diana gave probationary requirements.
- 50/50 raffle with half the proceeds going to the Scholarship Fund- winner Lauren!
Motion to adjourn made by Ed. Seconded by Tim. All in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Dina McKinney, Secretary
Apple Valley Gun Club