2nd Amendment - Updated
The 2nd Amendment Of the U.S. Constitution
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
"The government was set to protect man from criminals – and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government." ~ Ayn Rand
On this page you will be provided a letter to download to send to all elected officials in our state, links to various web sites with information to help you keep informed on legislation and issues we face and tips about how to use the letter you download or what to include if you write your own letter. It is important that we all take advantage of our right to communicate with our elected officials at all levels of government and present our positions on laws about to be passed or those that were passed and infringe on our rights.
Legislative Letter Download
Letter Writing Tips
1. Print out the provided letter: add the date, the Bill number (i.e. ABS 8), sign it, below add your written name and address. Then - fax, or scan in your letter and email it, or cut and paste your letter into the legislators email. Send it to all legislators, not just you area representatives.
2. In writing your own letter: be sure to repeat your opposition to the bill; include a statement that you are affected by any laws passed in your state; include a statement that you have researched the bill and understand it. Send it to all legislators, not just your area representatives.
- Founding Principles Threatened - here's what you can do to educate yourself for free & find out how to stand up for your rights. Very Important!
- Legislators Info (lists all of the state assembly and state senators addresses; explains the legislative process and the organization of the legislature)
- Legislative Bills (lists all legislative bills up for vote - can read the whole bill here; scroll down to see the latest changes; scroll to bottom to participate in one click letter writing to be emailed to all legislators involved in a particular bill)
- GOC (Gun Owners of California) Watch List (lists all current legislation up for vote)
- GOA (Gun Owners of America) Take action
- Cato Institute (Research organization on political issues)
- Senator Steve Knight (On CCW bill for retired peace officers)
- CalGunlaws.com (Attorney C.D. Michels website for all things related to gun laws)
Constitution 101 - Free College Course The Constitution is more than the Bill of Rights. Take this free course to get to know the document that controls our government. Ask Kelly Bergstrom about this course.
Connecticut's New Gun Law - Violates 2nd Amendment - Could spread nationwide
Use these quotes on your social media sites, i.e. Facebook, MySpace OR Your Blog. Use them in your e-mails as part of your signature. Use them in letters you write to your elected representatives in the letter head or after your signature. Whatever you do use them to educate your family, friends and neighbors. Many people have NO IDEA what the Constitution, Its Amendments and the background for our government is about.
New Show: Gun Radio Show on Money @ 105.5
Mondays 8:00 am and 6:00pm HOSTS: Josh Deaser and Sam Paredes
2nd Amendment Committee meets the 1st Monday of the month at 6:00pm. The meeting takes place at the AVGC Clubhouse. For more information contact:
Tim Smith or Kelly Bergstrom (760) 949-8865