Google Calendar

Events on the calendar have priority over walk-on shooters. Match directors may open parts of ranges based on the size of the event and the safety of all shooters. Please find details about partial range availability during events in the description or contact the person named as event-lead for more information.

click here for the

Full Page Calendar

WORK PARTY - 3RD Sunday of every month. THE ENTIRE RANGE WILL BE SHUT DOWN FROM 8:00 AM UNTIL OFFICIALLY RELEASED BY THE FACILITIES DIRECTOR. 
 
Abbreviations:
 
AR - Archery Range (no open shooting during scheduled events)
 
IR - Indoor Range (no open shooting during scheduled events)
 
RR - Rifle Range (no open shooting during scheduled events)
 
TR - Trap Range (the upper trap range may be available during some events)
 
PR - Pistol Range (depending on the event and number of participants, some bays may be open)
 
TC - Trap Classroom
 
AC - Adobe Clubhouse
 
Special events:
WOT - Women on Target (no open shooting during this event on any range)
 
COT - Community on Target (no open shooting during this event on any range)
 
Please follow the instructions of our Match Directors, Range Safety Officers & Range Monitors at all times! 
 
BE SAFE! 

Know The Safe Gun Handling Rules

1. ALWAYS keep your gun pointed in a safe direction

2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot

3. ALWAYS keep your gun unloaded until ready to use

4. ALWAYS know your target and what is beyond

 

 

 

E-mail Sign Up Form

Sign Up Today!

* required

*

*

*


*



Email Marketing by VerticalResponse

Get e-mail from the Club on a variety of topics related to events, changes, shooting tips, range situations & needs, opportunities for service to the Club and more. Your FIRST AND LAST Names are required or your e-mail address will not be accepted.

You will receive an e-mail that has a link in it that you MUST click on to verify your e-mail address and finish subscribing. You can always unsubscribe later if you decide you do not want these e-mails.

GOOD SEARCH

Please use GOODSEARCH.COM & GOODSHOP.COM for your online searching & shopping. Select APPLE VALLEY GUN CLUB as the organization you want to support..

The AVGC receives donations as a result. Save GOODSEARCH.COM as your browser's home page so you will be using it automatically. Also, install the GOODSEARCH toolbar into your browser so you won't miss a single donation for the Club.

Thanks for helping us raise funds for the Club's facilities and programs.

GoodSearch: You Search...We Give!

BOD & GM Prior Meeting Minutes

APPLE VALLEY GUN CLUB

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MINUTES

June 12, 2019

Called to Order 6:01 p.m.

Members Present: Dina McKinney, Elizabeth Stuppy, Ken Crawford, Jonathan Weldy, Ed Swan, Diana Roederer, Tim Neubauer, Ray Jameson

Members Not Present: None

Minutes:  review May 2019 BOD minutes.  Motion to accept the minutes as written made by Elizabeth, Diana Second.  All in Favor.  Motion passes to accept the minutes as written

Reports:

Treasurer -  Jonathan Weldy

  1. Report on account balances to include Business Checking, Capital Account, Money Market, and Scholarship Fund.  Also reviewed outstanding commitments in comparison to where we were last year, and the checkbook register.

  2. Did everyone review taxes?  Jonathan is waiting for tax accountant to do some research.

 

Secretary - Elizabeth Stuppy

  1. Membership numbers: 1,203 total members to include 607 regular members, 127 associate members and 469 senior members

  2. Review & Approval of New Member Application: Discussion held.  Review of Bylaws done regarding Associate members.  Amendments made to the form.  Motion made by Elizabeth to accept the document with amendments as discussed.  Second by Diana.  All in Favor.  Motion passes.

  3. Review & Approval of Probationary Member Cards.  Discussion held.  No one objected to the form.  As it is not a permanent document in our governing documents, Elizabeth is free to print and use them.

 

Vice President - Diana Roederer

  1. Report on Success of Pistol Coach class: Thanks Tim N. for setting it up and to the coaches that showed up.  It's going to be an asset to the club.

  2. Starting July 1, there will be a lock on the chain at the rifle range.  The Chairmen wrote up an orientation agreement for the members to sign.  Review of the form by the Board.  Discussion held with the Rifle Chairman.  The Board suggested an amendment to the form.  All agreed to the amendment.  Motion made by Elizabeth to approve the rifle orientation form with the amendment as discussed.  Second by Ray.  All in favor.  Motion passes.



 

President - Ed Swan

  1. Shotgun donation.  It is here for examination if anyone wants to look at it.
      

OLD BUSINESS-

  1. None

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Event Requests - Tim Neubauer: None

  2. Dina McKinney:  Revisions to the governing documents were Emailed to everyone.  Open for questions and comments-None.  Jonathan made a motion to post the new documents to the website for review by the membership so that we can move for approval at next month’s meeting.  Second by Diana.  All in favor.  Announcement to be made at GM Meeting

  3. Dina McKinney suggested adding the Fairgrounds back on to our insurance policy since we are doing more events there.  This way we will not have to buy the insurance they provide each time.  Jonathan will add fairgrounds to our insurance policy.

 

Diana made a motion to adjourn the meeting.  Jonathan Second.

Meeting adjourned at 6:40 p.m.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Dina McKinney, AVGC Director

 


 

 

 

APPLE VALLEY GUN CLUB

General Membership Minutes

June 12, 2019

Called to Order: 7:00 p.m.

Presentation of Colors and Pledge of Allegiance

Review May 2019  GM Minutes: Motion by Dina to accept minutes.  Second by Tim.  All in favor.  Motion passes to accept the minutes as written.

Quorum Confirmation: Jonathan confirmed

Recite NRA 3 Gun Safety Rules:  All members recited

Reports

Treasurer- Jonathan Weldy

  1. Report on account balances to include Business Checking, Capital Account, Money Market Account, and Scholarship Fund

  2. Amazon Smile:  You can designate a charity, choose CRPA!  Doesn’t cost you a dime!

 

Secretary- Elizabeth Stuppy

  1. Membership numbers: grand total is 1,203 to include 607 regular members, 127 associate members, and 469 senior members

 

Vice President-Diana Roederer

  1. Report on success of Pistol Coach class: Thanks Tim N. for setting it up.  We have 20 new Level 1 Coaches!  Thanks to the Board and members for paying for this!

 

President- Ed Swan

  1. Announcement of club acceptance of a donated shotgun from Mrs. Van Tribble.  Motion to accept the donation made by Diana.  Second by Jonathan.  All in favor.  Motion passes.  Letter of appreciation to be drawn up and given to Mrs. Van Tribble.

  2. There is a change to the drive-up access to the Big Bore range starting 7/1/19.  Ed discussed new process and orientation.

  3. June 4th Ed went to Riverside NRA Members’ Council to talk about and promote our club.  Many questions were presented and he was able to showcase what we have



 

    Range Reports  

  • Pistol Range- Diana reported no safety issues.  Tracey said he still needs RSOs for Friday night Women’s Program.  Also, the stuff in fridge is not free!  Pay your way.

  • Indoor Range - Kyle Butts: It’s starting to get hot!  Indoor range is nice and cool!  On Monday nights there is an ad hoc bullseye group for anyone interested

-CJ Caruth on Jr. Pistol: .22 caliber is the largest you can use in the indoor range.  The program is going well.  All our coaches and RSOs have gone through the abuse training as required by the law.  Most of the coaches and RSOs also went through the Coach class.  Next orientation is August.

-Ray Jameson on Jr Rifle: went over meeting times.  He is booked for orientation this next month!  July 4th is first meeting in July and he would like the night off!  There will be no class that night.

  • Rifle Range- Justin King/Jason Myskow:  There is a new orientation procedure to get the lock combo.  A flyer for the Notice of the drive-up changes is at the back table which has their contact information.  Also, the targets that were previously approved should be done in the middle of next month. 

  • Trap Range-  Gary Menser: The shotgun range is alive and well.  Gary went over calendar and pricing as well as a time change coming up on the 17th.  Advised to buy new shells now since the new ammo laws are coming!  Gary explained orientation procedures to operate the equipment.   As CRSO he reported that there are enough RSOs for Friday night. 

  • Archery Range- Ed Swan:  There is a new AED on the Archery Range that is being installed.  George is handling the install

  • Facilities -  Tim Smith: This Sunday is the work party, it's going to be hot so dress appropriately.  There is no new news on the access cards.  The May sign-in drawing winner was announced.  Tim reported on the progress of the handrails: rifle range is done.  The company is pre-fabing some of the work for the pistol range and should be out there next week.  After that will be the trap range. 


Other Reports

  • Education & Training-  Diana Roederer: The class schedule is set for the rest of the year.  Printouts are on the information table.  Classes are going strong and filling up, including NRA instructor classes-thank you to the instructors.  The NRA CCW class is a new class that is now scheduled!  The new RSO vests are in-if you don’t have one, see Diana.  The CPR class for new RSOs is 6/21.  There is also a Basic Pistol on 6/23 that is a new addition because some people wanted to take the instructor class but needed Basic Pistol first.

  • Merchandise- Sandy Oberlies: We have hats.  Jackets came in so pick yours up if you ordered one.

 

OLD BUSINESS -

  1. None

 

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Event Requests: Tim Neubauer: None

  2. Tim N. reminder: Vendor day on 6/29 with Kahr and LMT in conjunction with Turners -  we are still waiting to see if this is a go.  Stay tuned.

  3. Dina McKinney: Save the Date FNRA Mixer on 9/14/19.  Some details given, more details to come.

  4. Dina McKinney advised the GM that the governing documents have been revised and will be posted to the website for the next month for members to review.  They will be presented next month for approval.  Dina to send the revisions to George for posting.

  5. Introduction of new members.  Motion to accept the members made by Gary Menser.  Second by CJ Caruth.  All in favor.  None opposed.  Motion passes.  Jonathan Weldy went over financials.  Diana Roederer went over probationary requirements.  

  6. 50/50 raffle with half the proceeds going to the to the Scholarship Fund.  Congrats Lauren!

 

Motion by Diana to adjourn the meeting.  Second by Ed.  All in favor.

Meeting adjourned 7:57 P.M.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Dina McKinney, AVGC Director

 

 

 

Prior Meeting Minutes - (PDF downloads)

Board of Directors May 08, 2019

General Membership May 08, 2019

Board of Directors April 10, 2019

General Membership April 10, 2019

Board of Directors March 13, 2019

General Membership March 13, 2019

Board of Directors February 13, 2019

 

General Membership February 13, 2019

 

Board of Directors January 9, 2019

 

General Membership January 9, 2019

 

Board of Directors December 12, 2018

 

General Membership December 12, 2018

 

Board of Directors November 14, 2018

 

General Membership November, 2018